Edit Google My Business Listings In Search Results
Google has announced they have launched the ability for small businesses to quickly edit their Google My Business local listing directly in the Google search results. Google was testing this feature in July 2017, and now appears read to officially roll-out.
Google has said you simply find your business on Google Search, “and you can complete and enhance your listing, share photos and posts related to your business, and see how many views you’re getting.” When you find your business in search, you should see a new menu within the search results. An important point – you must be logged into the account that has ownership of your Google My Business account. Then click the edit button and the fields you can edit will be highlighted for you.
Here is what you can do from the search results:
• Add or correct business information, post updated hours, and more.
• Create a post on Google & share content with your customers.
• Share photos that make your business stand out.
• See how many views your listing gets, and easily access detailed information about your listing’s performance.
• Know when users upload photos of your business.
• Quickly take the most important actions to complete and enhance your business listing.
You can do this from both desktop and mobile:
This small change may just provide the impetus for small business owners to be more proactive with updating their business listings.The quick questions about if the business is open on an upcoming holiday and the ability to update your listings in search is a clear win-win for both Google and business owners.
Image SEO Best Practices in 2021: The Ultimate How To Guide (With Checklist)
Helping Local Businesses In Shutdown
Ready to work with us?
We’ve helped hundreds of businesses increase revenue through their websites – we can do the same for you.