1.3 Please note that we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security practices of any other web sites which you may be able to access through our site, or for our customers’ level of compliance with our code.
Firewire Digital collects different information about you at different times. These are the broad categories of information that we collect from you:
2.1 Information we require to provide our services.
- When you first sign up or contact Firewire Digital for our services, or when you make an inquiry about our services, we collect information such as your name, address, telephone number, domain name, email address of your primary and secondary contacts.
2.2 Non-personally identifying information
- Firewire Digital operates analytical data gathering software on its website to collect information about the number of visitors coming to the site. No identifying information is collected by this software, which records the IP address of the visitor only. We use this information to improve our own technical structure and performance and to determine which areas of our website are most popular.
- This may include the server address, top level domain name (.com, .gov etc), date and time of visit, pages accessed, documents downloaded, referring site, and the type of browser.
- We will not record any identifying details (such as name and IP) of the individual user, or their other browsing activities.
3.1 We collect and use your personal information to best operate and improve the delivery of our services to you. We will use your personal information to provide you with: sales and technical support, billing, product upgrades and information, renewal notices, maintenance notices, system changes and other functions relevant to your services with us.
3.2 When you contract with Firewire Digital for our services or make enquires of our services, you will be requested to provide your consent to us to send promotional material to you. You may stop the delivery or “opt-out” of future promotional email from Firewire Digital by following the specific instructions in the email you receive. These instructions will tell you how to remove your name from our email list.
3.3 We may use your personal information to:
- contact you in relation to upgrading your use of our services, special offers (from us, or on behalf of third parties), with newsletters, surveys, and individual service audits, or in response to any expression of interest we may receive from you in relation to our products and services;
- identify the source of new customers to Firewire Digital;
- monitor and address complaints, other feedback, and to resolve disputes;
- in the case of ABNs, to verify your identity;
- maintain a technical and account history of your dealings with us, and to re-establish your account with us where you rejoin as a customer within a reasonable time after having terminated your account;
3.4 We will treat all information we collect from you as strictly confidential. Firewire Digital does not rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. We will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, licence, share or pass onto any third party (other than those who are contracted or supply services to Firewire Digital) any personal information that you may have provided to us unless we have your express consent to do so, other than in the circumstances set out in the next paragraph.
3.5 We will disclose your personal information, without notice or your consent, only:
- if we are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform with the laws, applicable code of conduct or legal process served on us in relation to our business;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of Firewire Digital;
- if we consider it necessary to do so in order to enforce or apply the terms of any of our agreements with you; and
- if we sell our business or part of it.
4.1 We may supply your personal information to third parties to perform services on our behalf such as:
- market research and the distribution of marketing information to you (except where you have chosen to opt out of receiving this information from us);
- assisting us with the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal information;
- the supply of Website Design, SEO, Pay Per Click and other services.
4.2 Our relationships with such third party service providers are governed by our contracts with them. In some cases, these third party service providers who we disclose your personal information to may reside outside of Australia. Those service contracts contain privacy and confidentiality provisions which are consistent with the Australian Privacy Law obligations.
5.1 Firewire Digital has implemented security features in our database to protect your personal information from unauthorised access. We maintain our servers in a controlled, secured environment. Only staff who need to have access to your personal information in order to perform their job function are authorised to access the database. Constant changes to the Internet and technology mean that we cannot guarantee that data transmission will be 100% secure, or safe from attack by unauthorised intruders.
5.2 In order to protect the security of personal information transmitted to Firewire Digital, our web servers support the use of the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Protocol where appropriate. Using this protocol, information transferred between our systems is encrypted.
6.1 You should never reveal your password to third parties. If you lose control of your password, you may lose control over your personal information and may be liable for actions taken on your behalf by third parties using your password and/or personal information. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change it.
6.2 If you collect personal information which you keep on services provided by Firewire Digital, you alone are responsible for compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in respect of that information. We take no responsibility for your dealings with personal information you collect.
7.1 If you have a complaint about any aspect of our Privacy procedures, please contact our office on [email protected]. We will deal promptly with your complaint. If we cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction within a reasonable time, you or we may refer the complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.